You carefully plan your menu, purchase invitations, and compose your guest list. Your wedding is an orchestrated event with many moving parts. But one thing you may not have considered yet is banquet seating for your guests. Though chairs may not be at the top of your event planning priority list, you’ll want to reconsider. Seating is important. When creating ambiance in your venue, chairs can make or break how a space feels. There are many different chair styles available. You want to be sure that you pick the perfect ones to match the vision for your event.
Basic seating etiquette is also an important element of executing the perfect event. Not everyone will be comfortable sitting by just anyone. Some of your guests might have an awkward history together and need to be seated at different tables. Or someone might be shy and need to be seated near a person who will make them feel comfortable. It’s important to take the time to analyze the needs of your guests and choose their seats wisely. Your guests will have an enjoyable time if you plan correctly.
There are several things to consider when weighing your seating options. You want to ensure that your chairs match both the venue and the actual event. Some styles are rich and classic, others are basic and modern. You don’t want the chair style to clash with the theme. This will confuse guests and prohibit the full creative expression from showing. Here are a few aspects that you should consider when choosing the right chairs to buy.
- Upholstery or Fabric: Upholstered chairs tend to be well-padded. This makes them an excellent choice for guests’ comfort. You can choose a chair that has a classy look, such as the Crown Back style banquet chair. They come in many colors so you can match it to your overall aesthetic. They also are made to stack, making clean-up and storage a cinch. The fabric is stain-resistant and the metal frame is made from 18 gauge steel.
- Chair Style: You can choose simple chairs or something fancier and elegant. For a classy look, choose either chiavari or cross-back chairs for your event. These chairs fit with varying kinds of event styles. You just have to choose the right color to customize your look. Chiavari chairs come in many kinds of finishes, both resin and wood based. Cross-back chairs are also a great choice and come in various finishes. Another fun and unique option is to use wooden folding chairs at your event.
- Size of Banquet Seating: Choosing what size banquet seating you will need depends on many factors. Different events require different set-ups. If you need to accommodate large groups, choose smaller seating arrangements. If you are going for a more luxurious feel, you want to provide larger and more comfortable chairs. Generally, each guest needs about 18 inches of depth for their place setting. A 30-inch wide table will give guests on both sides of the table enough room for their food and room for their legs. Make sure you choose chairs that can be pushed fully under the table as well. This will maximize your space to allow guests to move between and around tables comfortably.
- Seat Depth and Height: You’ll need to consider both your type of event and the space that is available. You want your guests to be comfortable. But you also want to make sure you have enough room for everyone to have a chair for sitting. If space maximization is more important, smaller sitting arrangements will be essential. If your guests will be sitting for the evening, focus on making sure the seats are quite comfortable.
- Metal and Wood Finishes: There are many different kinds of metal and wood finishes available, from classic styles to more modern aesthetics. Beyond the look, though, you will also want to consider durability. Banquet seating is used time and time again, enduring many events and seating arrangements. Chairs will be bumped into, causing potential dings, dents, and scratches. Choose chairs that are beautiful but also well-made. Your chairs are an investment and you want to be sure that they will serve your clients and guests for a long time to come.
When planning your big event, no detail is unimportant. Seating can be an overwhelming aspect of planning, especially if you aren’t sure what your options are. You guests will appreciate chairs that are comfortable, yet stylish. Make sure to choose chairs that match the aesthetic of both the venue and the event theme. Ensure that you purchase excellent quality chairs that will last a long time, too.
For a wide variety of event chair options, including many styles, fabric selections, and chair finishes, visit Advantage Church Chairs. We offer chairs to fit many different kinds of banquet-style events, from conferences to weddings. By purchasing quality chairs, you ensure that you are prepared for every event for years to come. We offer unparalleled customer support through the process of choosing the best chairs for you. With excellent bulk prices, you are getting the best choice around. Give us a call and stop by our website to find chairs that will make your events special and beautiful.